Before Abby was born, Holly was our baby. She was very spoiled. She went EVERYWHERE with us. When she was 7 years old, Abby was born. Our arrival home from the hospital we had family and friends visiting... it was getting late, they started thinning out. I remember studing Holly. The look on her face as everyone left leaving was, "Well, when's that 'thing' gonna leave?" referring to Abby.
Well, a year went by, we had infrequent, but frequent enough "mistakes/on purposes" that I couldn't take the stress. We couldn't afford new carpet but we didn't want to make a perminent decision about Holly, either.
So for about two years Holly has been living in the confines of the kitchen, linoleum, most importantly. I knew she was unhappy, but I couldn't handle one more "on purpose".
Well about two weeks ago, we were in Petsmart and noticed doggie diapers called "Wee Wee Diapers". I had heard about them, but didn't know if they would work for Holly. We decided if they didn't work, we were only down $20 (their expensive for 17). Well I can honestly say, "they work!" As infrequent as her "on purposes" are, we can use the same diaper multiple days, yeah!
In our house everyone seems to be happier. Here are our pictures...
Monday, June 8, 2009
My "Holly" Dilemma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
does Holly even know how to act now that she 'gets' out and around the house? or is she a little tentative? just wondering. :)
That is too funny your doggy has to wear diapers. I'm glad she gets out of the kitchen though. She probably doesn't know what to do with herself.
Post a Comment