I used to ride with my dad in the potato truck and we would listen to Paul Harvey 's "The Rest of the Story." I miss those long summer days, my dad, and Paul Harvey; but now you may hear the rest of OUR story! ..."Good Day"

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Here are a few of my favorite things...

I have a fun cousin named Arin who posted a really great blog about her favorite save and splurge items. She requested that we (those who read it) to do their own lists. Well, for the past several days, I have been thinking about my list. I can't really say I have 10 specifically, I buy what I like. I think they are all good deals, so here goes...

My Favorites Savings:

  1. Dollar Menu at Wendy's ($1)
  2. Redbox ($1)
  3. John Frieda's Hairspray ($4.95)
  4. Aquafresh toothbrushes ($1.99)
  5. Downy Simple Pleasure's Fabric Softener (under $5)
  6. Magic Erasers (World's best new invention! under $10)
  7. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, spray (under $5)
  8. Fruit snacks (Albertson's 10 for $10, their the best!)
  9. Loreal's Voluminous Waterproof Mascara (under $5)
  10. Baby Oil (eye make-up remover, under $3)
  11. Clairol Hair color ("I'm washing that gray right out of my hair!", under $10)
My Favorite Splurges:

  1. Biologe Shampoo and Conditioner (love the smell and I like my hair).
  2. Children's clothing (buy quality and you will be able to use them again. They will still look new!)
  3. Butter instead of margarine
  4. Shoes (Better quality has better support)
  5. Haircut (Only takes 1 bad haircut to learn this lesson. Okay, maybe a few bad ones!:)
  6. Craft supplies
  7. Diet Pepsi Jazz Flavored Sodas. No generic here... Love them!
  8. Water Softener (what did we ever do without one?)
  9. Digital Camera
  10. DVR (Never have to program a television recording after the first time!)
  11. Elizabeth Arden Eye Shadow (a little goes a long way, and it lasts all day)

No comments: