I used to ride with my dad in the potato truck and we would listen to Paul Harvey 's "The Rest of the Story." I miss those long summer days, my dad, and Paul Harvey; but now you may hear the rest of OUR story! ..."Good Day"

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

How much candy puts a two year old into a euphoric coma?



To answer that question, lots, but I think we got there. Don't you? :)) Abby had a blast Trick or Treating. I didn't think she would quite get it, but after the second house, she knew what to expect and wanted MORE! I didn't think we would be out so late, but she really enjoyed herself. It was nice for us, Mike and I, to reconnect with neighbors that we haven't seen for a while. While we were out, Abby really became forward. I would ring the doorbell and wait, but if Abby thought they didn't hear, she would knock... and knock again. They would then open the door and she wouldn't even make eye contact, but headed straight for their candy bowl to fill up! If they weren't people/friends we already knew it might have been a little awkward! :)) When she knew that was it for the house, she would turn around and say, "Bye, see ya!" and start walking to the second house. I would definitely say, for a two year old, she is focused.

We were out for about 2 1/2 hours and Abby made a haul. We let her have her fill tonight, eating whatever she wanted, but even after that, she has candy to last her several months (After tonight, her candy consumption will be restricted.)

As I sit here and write about Abby's First "Official" Halloween Trick or Treating, I thought back to my own experiences. I was SO excited to go every year. Getting that thrill to be able to wear a great costume! Then I remembered I had a picture of one year. I was six (1980), not that you can tell what I was, but I was a princess. I accidentally ruined my mom's Homecoming Queen tiara, at school, so I wasn't able to wear it going out for candy that night. My mom in the "Cruella De Ville" coat and my brother with his mask up are also in the picture.

What a great night! I hope Abby has as great of memories "Trick or Treating," as I do.

No comments: