Yesterday was not one of our better days. Abby had a hearing test at 3:00pm. I thought it was the perfect time, she had a great nap, ate well... Yet at the hearing appointment she totally shutdown. Her right ear tested lower than normal (about 10 dbs) and her left ear (the better ear) she completely ignored the audiologist, Christine, and would not respond. We bribed her with candy, toys, and games, but nothing worked. Which means, we have to reschedule and go back in three weeks. Yeah us!
I thought it would be a okay to take a dress back to a store and pick up odds and ends. I should have taken the hint and just went home when Abby started wining on our way through Sugar House, we still had to get to Bountiful. I sang songs to entertain her from downtown Salt Lake to our 2600 South exit in Bountiful.
Well, we got to the store okay. I headed to the bakery and got her a free cookie. I was happy because there was a cart that had a play truck front so she could, "ride in style." That worked for about fifteen minutes. We were there about an hour. You do the math.... That's 45 minutes of complete misery. I was the mother riding around the aisle with a screaming (yes, you read correctly and yes, I did mean that literal) child. It was horrible.
To make things even worse for Abby, at dinner I mentioned to Mike that he needed to look at Abby's leg. She had some kind of welt on the back of her leg. It was red and getting worse. I had noticed it about 4 days earlier. So we had the neighbor come over and look at it. She told us it looked like a spider bite. So we took her to InstaCare. They loaded her up on Benadryl and Hydra-cortizone then sent us home. If it didn't get better in a couple days, they gave us antibiotics. Finally at 10:30pm, a full 2 1/2 hours after her bedtime Abby was able to sleep.
Really, it wasn't a good day for either of us.






No comments:
Post a Comment