I used to ride with my dad in the potato truck and we would listen to Paul Harvey 's "The Rest of the Story." I miss those long summer days, my dad, and Paul Harvey; but now you may hear the rest of OUR story! ..."Good Day"

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

You Can Call It The Flu

Yep, we are sick again... Abby started getting sick Friday and by the evening she had a full blown fever. Being the generous daughter that she is, she gave it to me too. I wasn't too worried, I usually don't get very sick; just sick enough to be miserable but not incapacitated. Infact, I haven't had the flu since college and before that, I think the last time I was twelve. So basically every ten years.... Well, by 3:00am Monday morning, I conceded. It definitely was not "just" a cold, we had the flu.
Poor Mike, Monday at 3:00am he was helping Abby get situated again to go back to sleep, then he was running downstairs to get me some Excedrin to break through my fever and chills. Not a great night for any of us. Monday I snapped these pictures of Abby, her expressions mirror the families'. Surprisingly, Mike has only gotten the head-cold part. I'm not sure if I should say, "Yeah, Mike!!!" or "Sorry, you are now the family nurse!"

2 comments:

Peetiedy said...

I am so sorry that you guys have are ill. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
Hope we can get together soon.

Btflgal said...

I definitely will. Abby's probably the most miserable because she doesn't know how to blow the snot out of her nose...