I used to ride with my dad in the potato truck and we would listen to Paul Harvey 's "The Rest of the Story." I miss those long summer days, my dad, and Paul Harvey; but now you may hear the rest of OUR story! ..."Good Day"

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ooey, Gooey Goodness

I have been craving a recipe that my mom gave me while in college. I haven't made it since, but every now and then I think about it. Well today I called my mom; but she wasn't home, so I looked it up on the internet. I didn't find the EXACT recipe, but I did find a recipe SO similar, that I can only think of one difference. Here it is...



Chocolate Pudding Cake
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Flour
3 Tbls Cocoa
2 Tea Baking Powder
1/4 Tea Salt
1/2 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Melted Butter or Margarine
1 1/2 Tea Vanilla
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
4 Tbls Cocoa
1 1/3 Cup Hot Water
Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tbls cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
Blend in milk, butter, and vanilla.
Beat until smooth. Pure into 8" square pan.
In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and 4 tbls cocoa. Sprinkle over top of cake. DO NOT STIR. Pour hot water over cake. DO NOT STIR.
Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes. Stand for 15 minutes
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Mikaela said...

I haven't had breakfast, but this all looks yummy. I'm always looking for new bread, muffins, whatever recipes for Charles to take to work. That bread looks fab, I'm gonna have to try it!

I love all the new pictures of sweet Abby. She is so adorable! I hope we get to see you sometime this week while Mindi's in town. If not this week, we've gotta get together soon!

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

I'm trying to lose weight. Stop tempting me with that delicious-looking, almost-can-smell-it blog entry. YUM! Love ya!

Peetiedy said...

I am so excited to try your recipe. I been thinking about it since you told me on Friday. I am glad you like the bread. It sure doesn't last long around our house.

PhillipsFam said...

so I was looking at the recipe and I thought "I don't have any 'tea salt'. I wonder where I can find it". Good thing I realized it was "teaspoon" before I went to the grocery store and asked for it!! I know, I'm a dork, but I thought you would think it was funny!

the pix of Abby are SUUUUPPER cute!

Megan said...

Mmmmmmm! I can feel the pounds coming on just looking at it. I'll have to try it some time soon.