So a couple months back, I went to an Enrichment Night where a neighbor walked us through her chocolate chip recipe. She is notorious in our neighborhood for making the best cookies. I have stopped using my previous recipe and am now using hers.
There are several reasons I like hers better than my previous recipe. Her cookies set up bigger than mine did, they are browned on the top, while still being chewy in the middle... last of all, Mike likes them too! So I thought I would share:
Mary Page's Basic Cookie Recipe
Cream together:
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup shortening
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
Add and blend to the above mixture:
2 tsp salt
Stir and add to the abive mixture:
2 tsp soda into 4 TBSP hot water
Blend in:
1 tsp Vanilla
Add:
3 Cups Flour - Mix in well
Stir in by hand 2 more cups of flour
Add your chocolate, butterscotch, mint, or whatever you want...
Place dough in refrigerator. Chill for at least 2 hours. Make balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 360 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Now you have the recipe, but if you make them, I add six cups of flour in all, instead of 5... She recommends using margarine instead of butter. My cookies are big, the rolled dough before baking is about the size of a golf ball.
Enjoy!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Very Good Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Posted by
Btflgal
at
11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment