I used to ride with my dad in the potato truck and we would listen to Paul Harvey 's "The Rest of the Story." I miss those long summer days, my dad, and Paul Harvey; but now you may hear the rest of OUR story! ..."Good Day"

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Well, that's the sign!

You ask, "What sign?"

My answer, "That I'm old!" I will expound....

So February I was clicking through the television on a Sunday night when Masterpiece Theater caught my eye. I opened up the information on it (Dish Network) and saw that they were playing Pride and Prejudice, the six hour A&E version. I was ecstatic! It must have been my good fortune because I realized that it was the first segment of the three AND they were doing a Jane Austen marathon. All six of her books made into movies, over the course of several weeks. Every Sunday since, I can hardly stand it till 8:00p... Abby is in bed and I get to enjoy Masterpiece Theater ALL to myself!

I remember thinking as a child, when my mom would stop on it, that the programing chosen by Masterpiece was for old fuddy-duddies, not my word, but my moms... LOL!

That being said, I guess my tastes have changed. I can just see my next blog on television programing... "Scoot over Dad... is that Lawrence Welk?" That has to be the sign... right?

1 comment:

Candice said...

LOL! Yeah, that will definitely be the sign!! I remember my grandpa always watching Lawrence Welk!